If you want to operate your vehicle legally, you will have to pay for Honda car insurance. There’s a state requirement about how much insurance you have to carry, but how much insurance you need could be a different story. Here’s what you need to know when buying a new or used car from Honda of Grays Harbor.

Washington State Insurance Requirements

Like many other states, Washington requires drivers to carry a certain amount of liability insurance. This helps cover damage your vehicle could cause to others in an accident. You need a policy with limits of up to:

  • $25,000 for injuries or death of another person
  • $50,000 for injuries or death of all other people involved
  • $10,000 for damage to someone’s property

However, many drivers decide to augment their coverage.

Other Types of Insurance Coverage

Some other kinds of insurance coverage could also come in handy. Optional types of coverage for your new or pre-owned Honda car include:

  • Collision: If you get in an accident, this helps you pay for repairs to your vehicle.
  • Comprehensive: This can help you if physical damage to your vehicle occurs due to other factors, like vandalism or fire.
  • Uninsured and underinsured motorist: If the at-fault party in your accident doesn’t have insurance or doesn’t have enough insurance, this coverage can help you pay bills that resulted from the accident.
  • GAP insurance: If you finance your vehicle, it’s a good idea to get this type of insurance. If your car is worth less than what you owe when it’s totaled, this helps cover the “gap” so that you don’t end up underwater on a car loan for a car that’s been wrecked.

If you have more questions about insurance or our lineup of vehicles, visit our Honda dealership in Grays Harbor. Our knowledgeable staff is here to help you.